This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
SECURITY AND PRIVACY
We appreciate your concerns regarding how your information is used and we consider it a priority to protect all of your personal information. Information provided will never be sold or rented to any outside party. By using our website you accept the practices described in this privacy notice.
YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
Your privacy and the security of your personal information is important to us. Please take a few minutes to read the following policy so that you understand how we treat your personal information. As we continuously improve and expand our service, this policy might change. If you have questions about our policy, please contact us using the information provided at the end of this policy.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
Registered users have the ability to access and update certain categories of personal information, such as name, email, postal address, and telephone number, while logged into their BFF account.
We caution you not to provide your password to anyone. We recommend that, if you share your computer with other people, you close and log out of the BFF website, and close your browser window when the session is complete. Signing off will help protect your information if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place, like a library.
EMAILS WE SEND YOU
You can limit the communication that we send to you. If you have a BFF account and do not want to receive emails telling you about our great deals and future offers, please let us know. You can change your preferences or opt out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by going to My Account. There you can update your email address, phone number, and address. If you no longer wish to receive updates, simply click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email. Our promotional emails to you will stop within 7 to 10 business days.
We may from time to time send non-promotional emails to all registered users, including those who have opted out of promotional emails, for the purpose of gathering and dispersing data to provide better service to our customers. Registered users will be under no obligation to reply or answer questions in non-promotional emails.
Non-promotional email will include but will not be limited to, surveys, maintenance notices, and system updates.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the BFF website, referred to as our “service”. This includes but is not limited to name, address, telephone number, email address, nickname, password, gender, posting material, and friends list. We may also ask you for information when you enter promotions sponsored by us.
- Records of any correspondence with you
- Details of which products and services you are interested in, and which products and services you are buying.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and resources that you access.
- We collect information electronically on all users of our site, including customers, by means of cookies
Third parties that we may share your personal information with include, but may not be limited to: web hosting companies, shipping companies, third party consulting or marketing firms, and email service providers. Additionally, if you use a credit card or other alternative form of payment to place an order with BFF, to confirm and process your order, we will share your personal information with each financing company. These third parties only receive your personal information if such information is needed to perform their functions, and they are not authorized to use any personal information for any other purposes.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the personal information about you stored in our member database in various ways to provide our services to you, to communicate with you, and to otherwise conduct our business.
If you are a registered BFF user, we can pull up personal information you have provided to us, such as your shipping and billing addresses from our database during the checkout process.
WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FOR VARIOUS PURPOSES, INCLUDING:
- To identify the validity of a user
- To email users of our services to confirm that they have registered with us
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and make out site easier for users; involving the collection of information on: browsers, operating system, IP address, and internet domain
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To contact users when required
- To complete your purchase transaction
- To provide the service you requested
- To keep you informed about the status of your order
- To send you offerings by email
The BFF website may contain links to other websites. BFF is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave the BFF website, and to read the privacy statement of each and every website they visit.
We maintain a variety of security measures to protect personal information in our control from unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. We use firewalls and other security measures to restrict access to our computer servers. Please be aware, however, that although we make good faith effort to maintain the security of personal information in our control, we cannot guarantee that it will remain free from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or alteration.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAW AND FRAUD PROTECTION
We may provide access to personal information when legally required to do so to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the website, to limit our legal liability, and to protect our rights, property, or the safety of visitors to this website or of the public. We may collect and possibly share personal information and any other information available to us in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, or suspected fraud with other companies and organizations for credit fraud.
We may also disclose your personal information as we believe is necessary to comply with laws, regulations, or other government authority, to determine your credit status or enable debt collection, to initiate legal proceedings to recover losses or otherwise protect our rights or property, for insurance claim processing, or to prevent harm to yourself or others.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the website who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purpose. To make such a request, please send an e-mail with California Privacy Rights in the heading to Better Focused Friendships, LLC.
PLEASE CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS