School Based Recreation
Certifications – RTC/CPR-FIRST AID
I am a state certified Recreation Therapist. I have earned a Bachelor of Science in Therapeutic Recreation from California State University, Northridge.
I have 20 years of experience as a Recreation Therapist in professional and residential settings for severely emotionally disturbed children, and currently work in a school-based setting with children with special needs, Autism and ADHD, ages 5-22.
What separates me from other therapists, is that I am dedicated to helping the child gain insight around their personal challenges through social skills strategies, interventions, education, tools, and roleplaying/role modeling for working on difficult situations outside of therapist.
My three ways, i deliver service
- Consultation: The action or process of formally consulting or discussing with. Phone, FaceTime, Webcam. Therapists or Teachers to provide recommendations and strategies to implement.
- Collaboration: The action of working with children to produce or create something. Phone, FaceTime, Webcam or in person: Therapists or Teachers to provide recommendations and strategies to implement.
- Direct Therapy: One on one direct therapy with children. In person by Phone, FaceTime, Webcam to provide recommendations and strategies to implement.
Years in Practice: 13 Years
School: California State University, Northridge
Year Graduated: 2004
License No. and State: 4066-T California
Children age ranges
- Toddlers / Preschoolers (0 to 6)
- Children (6 to 10)
- Preteens / Tweens (11 to 13)
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 18)
- Adults (18 to older)
Assessing the student,
interviewing the Classroom Teacher
and parents, Record Review,
report writing and IEP attendance
- Child or Adolescent
- School Base
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Peer Relationships
- Relationship Issues
- School Issues
- Self Esteem
- Social Skills